The Philosophy II
A game and a philosophy
· Minihandball is more a philosophy than a game.
· In many countries minihandball has developed rapidly as an activity for the youngest children (from 5-6 years till 8-9 years)
· Minihandball is a kind of education in sport for the youngest.
· Only a few and very simplified rules allow all participants a lot of freedom.
· Minihandball is a suitable activity for both primary schools and clubs.
· The emphasis is put on playing (having fun)
· Neither tactics nor winning are of great importance
The philosophy of minihandball is shaped by the childrens pleasure and their experiences when playing a ball game
· The court, the balls and the goals are adapted to the age of the children; the technique of playing is based on the motor skills of children 6-8 years
· Positive experiences will support the development of a childs playing behaviour.
· Playing and practising are organized in the form of play, both following pedagogic and methodological principles; the role of the coach is limited to supervising and helping when necessary. When playing matches, there is not a referee but a supervisor, who teach and help the children during the play.
· Fairness is very important in the philosophy of minihandball
· Boys and girls will learn to act in a group, accepting their own merits and shortcoming and those of others.
· Minihandball contains a lot of rudimentary elements of other sports or sometimes even creates them.